Sunday, February 8, 2009

the top 5 movies I am excited for this year

5. Terminator Salvation.

The Terminator movies are a great concept bogged down with bad acting. I like Arnold movies as much as the next guy, but I still wouldn't stand up and defend his acting ability. Christian Bale is one of the best, most versatile actors I've ever seen. Let's hope he can make these movies a little entertaining.



4. Public Enemies

Christian Bale makes a 2nd appearance on the list, despite his recent rant on set. Add in Johnny Depp and the fact that this is an American gangster movie, and I'm all in. Unfortunately, there is no trailer for this one yet.

3. Transformers 2

Shia LaBeouf is quickly becoming one of my favorite actors, and that's not even counting the fact that his mom is Jewish. Transformers was awesome, and the 2nd one looks to be every bit as good. And who can resist the sound effect for the transformers transforming?



2. X-Men Origins: Wolverine

I was totally convinced as a child that Wolverine was the mascot for U of M. He wore blue and yellow tights and his name was, well, Wolverine. Let's hope they show some of his tenacity this year. I'm very excited to see the movie focus solely on him, as he's always been my favorite comic book hero.



1. G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

The first video I ever owned was a G.I. Joe video. I wish I still had it. Snake Eyes has always been my favorite of the Joes, and they got the same guy that played Darth Maul to play him. I've been waiting for this movie to happen ever since they first took a cartoon or comic book hit and turned it into a live action movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment