Monday, February 2, 2009

be careful what you say


I hate when I say something in front of the wrong person. You know, when you say, "I hate..." and someone capitalizes on that statement by aggravating you with it? That's how THIS VIDEO came about. My dad said he hated Edith Bunker, so I gave him Edith Bunker. This is the situation Jim Ford is about found himself in. He has gone on and on about how dumb he thinks Twitter is. In response, I decided to send him my occasional twitter updates directly to his phone. That was mildly agitating. Kevin has taken this idea to a whole new level. He thought we should set a Twitter account up for Jim, confiscate his phone, and get device updates turned on. You don't have to ask me twice to join such a mission. He had his very own account that very night. We almost blew the phone set up, but we got it taken care of. I borrowed his phone to call Sarah...or was it to text his verification code to Twitter? I can't remember. So now, if you will, please follow NH_JimFord on Twitter. If you follow him, one of us will follow you back; if you send him a Direct Message, he will get it right to his phone!

The best part was when we turned on device updates right in the middle of a staff meeting. He got tired of the constant flow of text messages, so he turned his phone off. He thought that would solve the problem. It sure didn't! When he turned his phone back on a couple of hours later, he got text after text, totaling 30. Don't you wish you could have this much fun at work?

No comments:

Post a Comment