Wednesday, February 18, 2009

stimulus guns

It is no secret that the far, far left hate guns. They would be most happy if the government would take away our 2nd amendment right to bear arms, or at least regulate our arms bearing so much that we could not possibly afford it. It is also no secret, at least to those that know me, that I love my guns. My wife and I enjoy going to the range and firing off hundreds of rounds. In a perfect world, I would no own a gun, however we do not live in a perfect world. With the government being more and more lenient on violent offenders, limiting or removing capital punishment in most states, and the ridiculous antics and petty loopholes shifty defense lawyers use to keep these violent offenders on the streets, I will keep my guns, and I will keep them loaded. Here's the thing: if you come into my house unannounced and unwelcome, you probably won't leave standing up or breathing. Would I actually shoot someone? Without hesitation, I certainly would. I know that sounds violent for a pastor to feel that way, but think of it this way: it's either my wife or the intruder. Who do you think I'd pick?

Now, we all know a big stimulus package is supposedly coming. I sure hope it does. If they're asking for $750 billion to "create new jobs," they can throw the rest of us a bone. Now, what should we do with the money they will so graciously be giving us? They say that putting it into savings is bad, cause you can't stimulate the economy that way. I love that. Don't be wise and save. So what to spend it on? My brother, Dan, has an excellent idea. Why not take the money the left is giving you and buy a gun or two? Load up on ammo. Stimulate the economy and help the businesses they would seek to cripple over time all at once. Rally around your right to bear arms. These are perilous times anyway, so if you don't already own a gun, you should probably think about it. With police departments laying off officers all around the country, added to the generally slow response time of these emergency departments, you'd better be able to take care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment