Thursday, February 19, 2009

the right to bare arms

Since I briefly ranted about my right to bear arms in my last post, I thought I would follow up with a lighter view of this right. It's a story about my lovely wife, who is not an American born citizen. She was born in Seoul, South Korea. At four months old, she was adopted and shipped Fed Ex to America. Fortunately that plane did not go down with Tom Hanks on it. You saw what he did to that volleyball.

Apparently, part of the naturalization process is going over the Bill or Rights with the about to be citizen. When the judge came to the 2nd amendment and explained that she would have the Right to Bear Arms, Sarah quickly pointed out that she already had bare arms. I suppose she was wearing a sleeveless dress at the time. So they may come and try to take our right to bear arms, but nobody, not even Word of Life, can take away our freedom to bare arms.

I actually have the original picture that was taken and used for Sarah's naturalization papers, but I'm probably not allowed to post that here. She's not a big fan of that picture, although I doubt she's really fond of the one I chose to use instead. Still, I have specific instructions not to show the naturalization photo around.

No comments:

Post a Comment