Sunday, May 31, 2009

Timberlake can have sexy. I'm bringing Flip doodle back!

It seems like everyone has some of their own unique euphemisms. I know I always liked yelling, "What the smell?" at church camp. Counselors did not like it. Holy schnikes was a great one from Tommy Boy. Shiznit is a Dickie word (from Dickie Roberts). And then there's Flip doodle! I was unloading tables from a truck with the associate pastor at my last church when he dropped a table on his foot. He exclaimed, "FLIP DOODLE!" I asked, "flip doodle?" He confirmed that is what he said. I had never heard this one before, but it instantly became my new favorite. It became popular in youth group with a couple of the teenagers, as well my leaders and myself. I never told them where it came from, because I didn't want them making fun of him. After all, he was a nice guy who just happened to produce the best euphemism ever. I accidentally let it slip in Sunday school one time, but I think it worked the opposite way; they gained even more respect for him as a result. It's so versatile. It seems like it can be subsituted in any swearing situation.

It's my goal to make flip doodle a popular expression. I'm bringing flip doodle back. I want to slip it into as many promo videos as I can. I've been in a promo video the last two weeks, and I've worked it in twice. I might even make it a point to say it the next time I preach. Who knows? Here are the two videos it has made it into.

Camp New Hope Promo from Jeff Selph on Vimeo.









FLIP DOODLE!

No comments:

Post a Comment