Thursday, May 14, 2009

fart face and the birth of the vulgie monster

My mom did her best. She really did. She always corrected us when we were being vulgar. One such incident was when Dan and I decided it would be funny to continually call each other "fart face." It still is funny. It makes me smile. We were very young, maybe 3 and 4. She told us not to say that, because it was vulgar. We thought she was correcting our word usage: it wasn't a fart, it was a vulgar. We did the best we could. When Dad got home from work, we impressed him with our new found vocabulary by calling him a new nickname: he became the Vulgie Monster. We couldn't say vulgar; vulgie was all we had in us. And if those were vulgies, than he was the Vulgie Monster. I can still hear one of my mom's most used phrases: "John, take a lecithin." Apparently lecithin makes you not fart as much or smell as bad. I'm not sure which, but I should pick some up at the pharmacy.

Someone should have told these guys that "fart face" was vulgar. It could have saved a man's life.



Today also happens to be my mother-in-law's birthday. I'm sure she'll be happy to have this attached to this post. Happy birthday, Mom! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment