Tuesday, May 26, 2009

awesomely amazing alliteration antics

One thing I've always enjoyed about my home church is my pastor's ability to preach so well while alliterating everything. I find that his points are easier to remember, for me, because if I remember at least one point, I have a good clue for figuring out the other points. I'll be honest, sometimes I find some of the alliterations to be a stretch for me, but those are the ones that I remember the best. Sometimes I remember, because I have to go look in a thesaurus or dictionary to understand what I just heard!

I wish I could find an alliterated paragraph I wrote about pastor's and their alliteration skills from about 8 years ago. It focused on the letter P, as that was the letter that seems to be the most commonly used for this. It was definitely an homage to my pastor.

This weekends morning message was great. It was a good reminder of what church should look like, as opposed to what we want it to look like. Yes, the points were all alliterated, which was great, but the best part was at the end of the message. He was talking about who there is room for in the church, and he finished strongly with a flurry of alliterations. It blew me away. It would be worth your time to go HERE and give it a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment