Sunday, August 17, 2008

some things never change


Did you know that not ALL change is good? It's good to change your approach, change your style, change your hair...it's especially good to change your underwear. Seriously it is. If you haven't done that yet this morning, please stop reading my blog and go do that. I don't want to get between you and good hygiene.

Okay, back to not all change being good. There have been a few constants in my life that have never changed, never will change, and I wouldn't want them to. I'll tell you all of them, but I'll only elaborate on one, cause it's a special day. The first thing that has never changed is God's love for me. If His love for me was based on my obedience and faithfulness to Him, I'd be in big trouble. So it's good that that doesn't change. The second thing is how good my family is to me. They've always been there for me, and they always will be. If there's a fight, they've got my back, and now that my nephew has his black belt, my back is feeling quite safe.

The third thing that has never changed, and the topic of today's show (brought to you by the letter 4) is the greatness of my wife, Sarah. Greatness? Yes, greatness. What's so great about her anyway? I'd be glad to fill you in, although if you know her, I don't even have to tell you. But here's a gratuitous list, just because I want to...
  • She's beautiful
  • She loves me, in spite of me (that takes a lot of love sometimes)
  • She's Korean. I know, you thought she was part Chinese, part Japanese, part Laotian, part Thai, part Vietnamese, etc. Nope, she is, in fact, Korean.
  • She's passionate about serving God, and she's never held me back from serving
  • Did I mention how pretty she is?
  • She sings like a bird...not a vulture, by the way
  • She's hilarious
  • She's entirely faithful to me
  • She's a big sports fan, which only matters cause she likes Michigan, the Red Wings, the Pistons, and even the Lions
  • AND...she likes me a lot more than she likes you. I just love that
I may have fooled her when I was dating her. I pretended to be grown up, mature, and sensitive. Ha! She hasn't changed, though. She's still just as sweet as the day I met her, and of course, she's every bit as gorgeous. Maybe more. Would that be considered a change? I'll let it slide.

So you can imagine how happy I am to have been married to her for 7 years today. It's been the best time of my life. No matter how bad some things get, at the end of the day, I've still got Sarah, and that's more than enough for me.

Happy Anniversary, Sarah! I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment