Monday, August 4, 2008

semper paratus


Happy Coast Guard Day to you. Today, August 4, is the birthday of the United States Coast Guard, founded in 1790. Happy Birthday, Coast Guard!

I'm a big supporter of the Coast Guard, namely because my brother, Steve, has faithfully served our country as a Coastie for several years now. Recently, he made the rank of Chief Petty Officer of the United States Coast Guard. I'm very proud of him. So I couldn't think of a better way to honor Coast Guard day than to post the video of his promotion, with pictures of where he has served over the years at the end.

Semper Paratus is the motto of the United States Coast Guard, meaning "Always ready." They are always ready to act, to serve, and to protect the United States. Wouldn't that be a great motto for the church! Are you always ready? Are you ready to move, to act, to serve, to stand up, to give an answer about what you believe in? Are you ready to do WHATEVER it is God calls you to do? I hope I am.

By the way, you should also check out another post I did about this weekend at church HERE and a video I made HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment