Monday, June 23, 2008

branded

Branding is very important. Brands are much easier to sell than individual products, because there is confidence in brand names. I'll buy the brand name over the generic almost every time. There are few exceptions. Of course, I consider Meijer to be a brand, so if I go there, I go with the generic. Okay, so back to branding. I'm sitting in my office trying to figure out how to brand Xtreme Kidz, under the brand of New Hope. I hope Xtreme Kidz becomes the Cherry Coke brand under the New Hope (Coke) brand, because everyone knows Cherry Coke is far superior to everything...ever. Side note: they do not, in fact, have Cherry Coke at the Chipotle in Wooster, so if anyone ever guarantees you that they do, tell them they are mistaken. If you want it, you'd better stop somewhere else on the way. Back on track...I am going to our Wooster campus tonight, which hardly reflects the Loudonville Campus at all. This is obviously a problem. Curriculum should help, but it's not going to fix everything. So begins the most fun part of my job. That may sound sarcastic, and anyone that knows me has to assume I am being sarcastic, but I'm not. I think this is fun. Weird? Absolutely.



More branding news. My wife has been branded. Yes, indeed, my petite little wife got her first tattoo on Saturday. It's an early anniversary gift. Since it's permanent, on our anniversary, I'll just point at her left forearm and say, "Happy Anniversary." No need to buy more gifts. "GP L1," is what it says. She was paralyzed at her L1 vertebrae almost six years ago (July 6 will be 6 years). God is so good, though. One might even say He's great (hence the name "Great Physician"). He healed her. She walks. Is everything the way it was? Nope. Will it be? I'm praying. You can, too. Still, she's so moved by what He did in her life that she now has it branded on her arm for all to see, ask about, and listen. She's amazing. Oh, and she designed it herSelph.

No comments:

Post a Comment