Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A Mennonite, a donut, and the mark of the beast


Just had an awesome visit to Gribbles. Warning: this has nothing to do with anything at all. I had to buy some things for Sarah, and I decided to buy her a donut (turned out to be gross) to be a nice guy. In front of me in line was a Mennonite, buying milk and ice cream. I was a little surprised that he'd be buying milk, because I am a stereotyper. My turn in line came, and when my groceries were totaled, I owed $6.66. I will make a note never to buy that exact combination of items again.

Just as promised, I went to see Get Smart on Sunday. I've never laughed out loud so much at a movie. It wasn't all fun and games, though. Encouraged by my friend, Charles, who also happens to be my boss and pastor, I brought contraband into the movie with me. That's right, I brought an unsanctioned beverage (had to be Dr. Pepper, as Chipotle doesn't serve Cherry Coke (still bitter)). Our careless action may have cost an unsuspecting teenager his job. Shortly after we walked by, his manager walked up to him. The kid threw down his broom and dustpan and stormed off. Can I guarantee that he got fired for not stopping us with our foreign pop? No, but should you really argue with a guy who hangs out with Michael Scott, Dwight Schrutte, and Darth Vader all day? I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment