Wednesday, November 19, 2008

R-E-S-P-E-C-T


We all wanna be loved. We all want just a little respect. We all wanna be loved. Tell me what's wrong with that. I suppose DC Talk is right. There is nothing wrong with that. It's okay to want to be loved and respected. The only problem I see is that we are more apt to desire respect and honor than we are to give it. I was praying this morning, and I was thinking about respect. I was thinking about wanting the leaders in my children's ministry to respect me. But then something hit me. Shouldn't we give the same level of respect to those above us that we expect and hope for from those below us? Jesus said the leader would be the servant. Maybe the best way to earn R-E-S-P-E-C-T is to give it people who deserve it in our lives. Now that's the tricky part, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment