Friday, November 7, 2008

Me, Myselph, and I AM


Okay, maybe it's not spelled that way. It's really Me, Myself, and I AM, and IT is a book about your relationship with Jesus Christ. I've always been suspicious of books that tell you HOW to be closer to God, when the time you spent reading the book could have been used to accomplish just that. Christians are a funny sort, aren't we? This book is less directive and more introspective. Have you ever asked yourself, "How close am I to Jesus?" This book will help you assess that.

The pages are mostly blank, leaving room for you to answer questions about yourself right now, your childhood, your teen years, how you spend your day, what your faith means to you, what you think of Jesus, etc. I think most of the fun will come when I have answered all the questions and I go back and read my answers. I think I'll look at it again next year. Maybe I'll answer the questions each year to assess how I've grown. Who knows?

Because I do not like reading, but love to write (especially about myself:), this is the best book I've been asked to review. It's great to take a personal assessment of your spiritual life, and it's even better when someone provides you the questions. Go get the book. Click the link above or ask Leslie to stock it at Next Steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment