Monday, September 29, 2008

flipdoodle


Sunday was one of the coolest days I've every experienced. It was great to be a part of something. I was too busy to twitter everything. Can you believe it? So here's the run down.

I realized very early that I (and probably a lot of other people) were in a fight with the devil. I got a very late request for an additional copy of our curriculum on Saturday night, so I was up and working very early. I went to church to copy the curriculum, and I realized that I had forgotten to make registration cards for check-in at Ashland. I made additional copies for the Loudonville campus while I was at it. When I put the L-ville cards at the check-in station, I noticed that the rest of my map books (homework for the kids) had been thrown away. They were nowhere to be found. I think I was so mad I let a flipdoodle fly. Sorry. So I have to go make more copies of that (I was at least smart enough to leave a master copy in my box). I've never had the printer jam on me before, but this morning it jammed 4 times. A few more flipdoodles were let loose. Then I get on my motorcycle to ride to Wooster. I had a DVD to drop off. It was a nice ride. I got to do a lot of praying. I arrive at the Wooster campus, and go to get the DVD out of my bag. It was on the coffee table. FLIPDOODLE! I sat under the awning feeling a little defeated, a little pouty, and very angry. But then I realized it was 7:32 AM, and I had to be to Ashland by 8:00 AM. Yes, all this took place BEFORE 7:30 AM. Yikes. Back on the bike, and off I go.

I arrived at the Ashland campus, and I'm thinking everything is going to be great, and it was...eventually. We got our rooms set up, and I start working on the computers. Turns out the wireless card was not working or was not in one of the laptops. No big deal - I had 3 others. Too bad Bud had Windows Vista, cause it doesn't work with the printers we need for check in. Now I"m down to 2. I was having trouble with the printer driver on one, but I got it figured out. Just as I printed my label to test it out, here comes the first family to check in. But we had 52 kids check-in after that first one, so I'd have to say that was all worth it.

The Ashland Launch was awesome. If I wrote about it, this post would be even longer, clearly crossing the way too long line. So you can go to Kevin's or Charles' blogs to read about it. I can't wait for Tammy's report tomorrow on lives changed.

Then we had //the.evolution launch. It was pretty cool, but Tom will have to tell you more about it later. I just ran the screens, ate pizza, embarrassed a few 6th grade girls and drank a ton of Dr. Pepper. I have no other details for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment