Tuesday, September 23, 2008

the office


Part of me misses working at ADT. Part of me misses working at Baymeadows. Both had their fair resemblance to The Office. I'm not 100% sure we resemble the Office crew at New Hope, but I'm pretty sure we'd be hilarious to make an episode about. I'm very excited for the return of the Office this Thursday, so it got me to thinking about who most closely resembles the characters from the show at New Hope. This is the best I can do...

  • Charles has to be Michael Scott. He's the boss, and I think they both own the same "World's Best Boss" coffee mug. Plus, Michael's hair is thinning, so he should have the NH do soon.
  • Jeff C must then be Dwight, because he is Assistant to the Regional Manager, Charles.
  • Brian would be Ryan Howard. Why? Well, he's the new intern, and although Brian didn't start the fire, he used to be a fireman...so there's a natural tie between him and cheese pita fires. You can insert his name into the song, though: Brian started the fire!
  • Danley Knight is none other than Stanley Hudson, because, as Dan puts it, they both have the spiritual gift of wet blanket.
  • Just for the sake of not offending anyone, I'll go ahead and be Kevin Malone. After all, I'm chubby, and I make some pretty funny faces some times.
  • Tammy takes Pam Beasley. Pam and Tam rhyme, and I clearly like rhyming all the timing. Oh, and she answers the majority of the phone calls.
  • Since I'm already Kevin, out of the graciousness of my heart, and Angela is a woman, Jim Ford must be Oscar Martinez, but only because they're both in accounting. It should be noted, however, that Jim is not attracted to men.
  • And Tim must be Andy Bernard. Tim has his own worship project going, and Andy has some musical skills of his own. I believe this is what is called a smart match.
  • The Jim Halpert award goes to Kevin Rush. Congratulations. This is a prestigious award. He's the top sales guy, since he's the only one of us on the phone selling sponsorships for the Sticks. He's also young and hip.
  • Default placements: Tom gets to be Creed (an age related decision...sorry, boss), and Bud is left to be Toby (also sorry on that one).
Unfortunately, I could not place everyone. I would be mugged if I made any of the women in our office out to be Phyllis, Angela, Kelly, or Meredith, so I'll pass on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment