Wednesday, October 1, 2008

life isn't fair

"That's not fair!" How many times have you heard that in a whiny voice? It's so annoying. I never wanted to be a school teacher, but working at a small church that had a school, I really didn't have a choice. I did enjoy the time I got to spend with the kids, so it wasn't all bad. I think my favorite moment was when one of my kids quoted me to another teacher. The teacher said that something wasn't fair, and one of my 5th grade students raised her hand and said, "Ms. Cardenas, if life were fair, we'd all go to Hell. That's what Bro. Jeff says." You can imagine that got back to me quickly. Fortunately, she liked the quote and wrote it on the board, so I didn't get taken to the principal's office. I came across this cartoon, and I realize there are other things that really prove that life isn't fair. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment