Sunday, March 8, 2009

stomach issues

The main issue I have with my stomach is its size. I think I'm working on that, at least sometimes. The other problem I have is a nervous stomach. That's what they used to call it, anyway. Now they have a fancy name for it: irritable bowel syndrome. To be honest, I think I'm glad I have it. It's what reminds me that I'm not trusting in God like I should. I say I have faith, and that I have accepted that God is in control, but my body gives me away. When I wrestle with worry at night and wake up with the subsequent stomach aches the next morning, I show my lack of faith. On one hand, I believe God will do great things. On the other hand, I worry about the details of getting there. I identify so much with the father in Mark 9:14-30. Lord, I believe. Help me with my unbelief.

So my stomach tells me two things. It tells me I'm out of physical shape, and it also tells me when I'm getting out of spiritual shape. What's your body telling you?

No comments:

Post a Comment