Thursday, March 12, 2009

birthday suprise - my 100th post


I really like surprising Sarah for her birthday and for our anniversary. I go to great lengths to surprise her, but I swear she reads minds. I don't even need to say anything about what I'm thinking or planning. She figures it out 99% of the time. She knows me too well. I view my attempt to surprise her as a game, one in which I rarely win. This year, though, I won, and I won big.

I convinced Sarah that she needed to go to Unleash. That means she spent 10 hours in the car with me, Charles, and Mikey yesterday. When she first started feeling ill from her pregnancy, she told me she wasn't sure if it would be good for her to go. I insisted that she come. After all, she'd have a great time at the conference, and we HAD to go to Carrabba's for her birthday. All of my work paid off. I won the moment she got to our table. How does 10 hours in the car with three crazies to get to an Italian restaurant equal a win?

Sarah was under the impression that we were going to a double date last night: me and her with Charles and Mikey. It was actually a triple date, though. She didn't know who would be meeting us at Carraba's: Chadwick and Sarah. Sarah has made it a point to tell me weekly since we've moved from Florida that she misses the Lockleys. Their picture is on our fridge. They are such great friends to us, and it seems like we spent 75% of our last year in Florida in their company. So we've kind of been in withdrawal for almost a year. I asked them to come meet us at Unleash and surprise Sarah for her birthday. They didn't even have to think about it. They were in. So Sarah thought she would be going to Unleash today, but she isn't. I'm at Unleash today with Chadwick, Charles, and Mikey. Sarah is spending the day with her best friend somewhere else. I don't know where. It doesn't particularly matter to me. I'm just glad she's really happy today.

I was so excited to get to SC for all of this that I got my first speeding ticket. Oops!

And that concludes my 100th post.

No comments:

Post a Comment