Saturday, October 4, 2008

my wife left me and it sucks


I feel like an emotional basket case. My wife has left me and gone back to her family in Michigan. I'm glad it's only for a day, and I'll have her back tomorrow. She went home for Jenny's baby shower (congrats, Jen and Rob!). I am really dependent on her, so not being with her usually causes me many headaches.

Here are some things that slip when she's away:
  • I do not cook as well as her. I made rice this morning, and I undercooked it, just like the pasta I undercooked last week. To make up for this, she made two dinners last night: one for us to enjoy together, and one to hold me over till her return.
  • My sanitation skills are lacking. I live like a college student when I'm alone. I am eating dinner out of the same bowl I ate lunch out of. It has not been washed. I rinsed it out, but I didn't really feel the need to. And I don't clean anything. I grew up a messy kid. I don't see the mess. It's just a part of the decor, I guess.
  • Personal hygiene is not a big plus when she's not around. I didn't shower until this afternoon, and if I weren't going out in public, I probably wouldn't have. I usually hang around the house in my pajamas in her absence. Sometimes I just go back to sleep in them. I will at least brush my teeth, though.
  • AND my happiness suffers. I'm much happier when I'm with her. Who isn't? She's beautiful, funny, and my best friend. Sappy, huh? I only say it, cause it's true.

No comments:

Post a Comment