Wednesday, October 7, 2009

there's no place like home

Have I mentioned how excited I am to be back home? I grew up in Grand Rapids, which isn't Kalamazoo, but it's close enough to feel like home to me. People from either city travel to the other all the time, especially grandparents and prodigal sons.

There are definitely some things that I have missed about living in West Michigan. I miss different things about the different places I've lived. In Florida, I mostly miss a bunch of individuals; in Ohio, I miss more families as a whole. Here's just a quick list of some of the more important things I've missed from home:
  • Family
  • Friends
  • Cousin's Tasty Chicken
  • Fox Sports Detroit
  • Street lights
  • The S-Curve at high speeds (not with Jakob in the car, of course)
  • Good bagels
  • And squirrels the size of my dog

No comments:

Post a Comment