Friday, December 5, 2008

just let go


You probably didn't know this, but having three cats can be overwhelming. It doesn't help that they are all boys, all a little stupid, and all very messy. Cleaning up after the cats has always been Sarah's thing. Well, not always. When she was in her wheelchair, I took care of it. We didn't want her falling out of her chair and landing face first in the litter box. So a few weeks ago, Sarah had had enough. She no longer wanted cats, cause they were too messy and too much work. I told her that I could take over upkeep, so we could keep them. She said that was fine. The only problem is that she continues to clean out the cat box. She was upset again this week, cause it was too much for her. I told her that I had offered to take that burden from her, but she wouldn't let go. She kept doing it anyway.

Sound familiar? Ever have a problem overwhelming you, so you cried out to God...only to not let go of the situation and let Him handle it? I think that sounds very much like me.

In other news, if you want a cat, I'm very willing to part with two of the three. I'm still working on the third. He's mine, and therefore, he is awesome.

And one more side note. Happy birthday, Matthew. Today is his 15th birfday.

No comments:

Post a Comment