Tuesday, December 9, 2008

hijacked by the wife:)

everyone struggles with something. a bad habit, a way of life, an addiction... we all unfortunately have a vice that becomes an open door for the devil. something that tests us and should strengthen our faith and reliance on our Savior. well, i have a few said vices. they bring me down and ruin my attitude and blind me to how blessed i am. satan's favorite is my occasional bipolar Christianity.
this past weekend at new hope, we watched a video of depravity in a country not as blessed as we are here. there, they are not struggling with such petty things as not being able to afford blinging out Christmas for family. they struggle with losing as many as 3,900 children/DAY to unclean drinking water. a little thing that we take for granted. watching the joy the children had just in having clean drinking water broke my heart. this life is all they've known. drinking from a clean well was like Christmas morning to them. they don't know much about Jesus, but they know that He gave them people to bring them gold. this is how Christ shows His face to fourth world countries. by meeting their needs and showing them miracles through His faithful missionaries.
sometimes i forget how good God has been to me. how He's saved me. how He rescues me from depression when that idiot, satan, tries to drag me back in. how He's given me a husband who loves me, takes care of me like no one else could, and patiently waits for me to fully appreciate life. how He's brought me up from paralysis and spared me from an injury that could have been much worse. how He shows me His face every day even though i turn mine from Him.
so what do i have to do to cure my bipolar disorder? i have to become more like job. i have to really work on my relationship with Christ so when the devil tries to sneak in a dance, i can tell him that i'm taken.

job 1:
8 | then the LORD said to satan, "have you considered my servant job? there is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil."

No comments:

Post a Comment