Tuesday, December 22, 2009

is your relationship primal?


Mark Batterson has written some great books. I had the opportunity to review his last release, Chasing the Wild Goose, last year, and really enjoyed it. So when I was offered the chance to review his newest release, Primal, I jumped at the chance. And once again, Mark Batterson does not disappoint.

Primal looks at Christianity from a more simplistic viewpoint. Mark walks you through the most basic premise of faith - love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind and, and all your strength - and he works out what that looks like in one's life. He breaks the book into these four sections and teaches you practically how to live these words. If you are interested in silencing the noise and ridding yourself of the distractions that will keep you from really focusing on Christ, I suggest you read this book. It takes you back to what ancient Christianity looked like - Christianity of old - Jesus' brand of Christianity.

When the music fades, and all is stripped away, and I simply come...I'll be bringing a primal form of worship to my King.

For more from Mark Batterson, check out his blog HERE.

If you are interested in the book, you can purchase it HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment