Friday, April 3, 2009

take away my clutter

I am one messy dude. When I lived with my parents, I would generally clean my room once per year. If I were going to re-wear a pair of pants before I wanted them washed, I would just throw them to the bottom of my closet. My school bag was always a mess, and I'm lucky I could find anything in there at all. Not much has changed. I'm a cluttered individual. Sarah makes me pick up after myself, but if she didn't, you know I wouldn't.

My walk with God is much like my housekeeping habits: cluttered, disorganized, and therefore less effective than it could be. I run in several different directions, as fast as I can, trying to accomplish a life that is pleasing to God. It's time to remove that clutter. Don't you have clutter in your walk that is doing you more harm than good? Then you should check out Clutter-FREE Christianity: What God Really Desires For You, by Robert Jeffress. It's a great book with practical ways to live a more simple spiritual life that is very pleasing to God. God never intended for us to overdo it. After all, His yoke is easy and His burden is light. Do you believe it? Then why not live it?

No comments:

Post a Comment