Tuesday, June 19, 2012

cause taping naps in your own bed stinks

Jakob isn't very interested in taking naps, and he's not afraid to say it.  Even when he's asleep, if you ask him if he wants to take a nap, he scrunches his face, shakes his head, and emphatically tells you, "no."  It's cute and hilarious.  When he's awake, when we ask him if he wants to take a nap, he will either tell us that he doesn't, or he'll ask if he can sleep in our bed. That's what he asked yesterday, so I said he could.  But then he wouldn't sleep.  It was family nap time, since Sarah and I both wanted to sleep, but Jakob kept getting up and moving around.  It was quite disruptive to sleep, so I sent him to his bed.  With great objection, he went.

When I woke up, I went in to check on him and give him a hug.  Only I didn't see him anywhere.  I went to make sure the door was shut and locked, as it should have been, and it was.  He was somewhere inside.  I just had to find him.

[caption id="attachment_1481" align="aligncenter" width="540"] No sight of him when I walked in the room.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1482" align="aligncenter" width="540"] His empty bed. Still no sign of feet sticking out anywhere.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1483" align="aligncenter" width="540"] I think I see something back there.[/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1484" align="aligncenter" width="540"] There he is! Cuddled up between the head of his bed and the wall.[/caption]

I guess he really meant it when he said he didn't want to sleep in his own bed. All options were better.

No comments:

Post a Comment