Friday, March 16, 2012

Jakob attempting to beat box

I'm assuming that by now you've seen the Cee-Lo Green 7Up commercial.  I think that is a pretty funny and very well done commercial.  I don't like the E-Trade talking baby commercials, because they're just weird, but I can't not love a beat boxing baby.  The other day, Sarah and I were watching something we had recorded on the DVR, and before I could fast forward it, the 7Up commercial started.  Now, Jakob is drawn to music.  He will dance to any TV theme song and just about any commercial that has prominent music, and he gets upset if something musical comes on and you change it or fast forward it.  He wants to enjoy it.  So even though he was leaving the room, I knew he'd turn around and come back to dance along.  What I didn't know was that he would try to beat box along with the commercial.

I went back a couple of times, because I was trying to get my phone ready to record him, and I was trying to record him without the loud sound of our laughter.  So this is the third time he'd seen the commercial, and he is following along to the best of his ability.  He's got a long way to go, but I'm very pleased with his early interest in being completely awesome.

http://vimeo.com/38274107

Maybe someday he can be an outstanding Asian beat boxer, like THIS GUY.

No comments:

Post a Comment