Friday, June 25, 2010

how can you pray for us?

Tomorrow evening, I will leave for Red Lake, Minnesota with 25 students, 6 of my youth leaders, and one bus driver.  We will be working on home repairs for on the Chippewa Indian reservation in Red Lake.  There is a heart stirring video below that will play a orchestral piece on your heart strings if you watch it.  I dare you to.  Now, I've never done anything like this before.  I've been to camp, but as a person of Jewish decent, I have avoided anything called a "workcamp" for my whole life.  The good news is that we are taking a luxury charter bus.  If we were going by train, I would be suspicious, but as of right now, I am not.

Here are some specific ways you can pray this week:

  • Pray for traveling safety.  If you only want to pray for one person from the prayer card above, please pray for Matthew Headley.  His safety directly affects everyone else's.

  • Please pray for the lack of drama/infighting.  Everyone on the trip will be stressed out for one reason or another, and that usually turns to bickering (used that word just for my mom) with the people closest to you, or at least in closest proximity.

  • Pray that we will be a good reflection of Jesus on the reservation.

  • Pray that we will see God everywhere we look.

  • Pray for the parents, spouses, and children left home.  Pray that God gives them peace and helps them not to worry.

  • Pray that we see life change this week.


Feel free to pray for anything else you can think of.  All of your prayers are welcomed, as are your e-mails.  I know a lot of you that read my blog have never even met me, much less the students in my group, but if you have free time next week - and I see from twitter that many of us have more free time than we let on - please take a few minutes to send an encouraging note to at least one person in the group.  Instructions for doing so are on the picture above.  Click on it, and it will go to full size.

Thank you for praying.

[vodpod id=Video.3901338&w=425&h=350&fv=file%3D0688b5d9-5635-460e-ab4f-8629aae7997c.mov_3.flv%26amp%3Bimage%3Dhttp%3A%2F%2Fmedia.group.com%2Fgroup_stream%2FXML%2Fgroup_video%2F0688B5D9-5635-460E-AB4F-8629AAE7997C_thumb.jpg%26amp%3Bstreamer%3Drtmp%3A%2F%2Fmedia.group.com%2Fgroup_video%26amp%3Bbufferlength%3D3%26amp%3Bplugins%3Dviral-0%26amp%3Bstretching%3Dfill%26amp%3Bplugins%3Dgooglytics-1%26amp%3Bautostart%3Dfalse%26amp%3Bcontrolbar%3Dnone]

6 comments:

  1. Have fun Jeff!

    I would also stay away from high fences, buildings with smoke stacks, men with guns wearing odd uniforms and anyone that says "stand over here for a minute".

    More importantly, I pray that you serve Jesus. May God bless you all richly for his glory and your joy.

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is all solid advice.

    Thanks, Matt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you guys!

    And Minnesota? I live in Minnesota. Well, basically.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Duane!

    I wonder if technically, we're not staying in Minnesota, since the reservation is sovereign land.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wanted you to know I've been thinking about you and the kids all week. I hope camp is going well! I've been praying for all of you as well as Sarah and Jakob while you're away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Marni! That means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete