Friday, September 11, 2009

what is love? baby don't hurt me.

I'm going to do my best to tell you how I feel about Jakob. I've had a full day to process it, and I think I can explain it. Here's my best shot.

I've never met anyone as incredible as my wife. I have loved her more than I've loved anyone else ever. She has been on a level all by herself as far as my love goes. I love her way more than anyone else, including everyone else in my family. That's not a knock on my family, either, because I love them way more than I love you. And that doesn't necessarily reflect poorly on you, because if like me enough to read my blog, chances are I love you way more than I love the Golden Girls. But I digress. So Sarah is on a much higher level as far as my love is concerned, and no one has ever been on her level before, but when I saw Jakob for the 1st time, I realized that she now had company. Yes, it's a different kind of love, but it's there, it's real, and it's as deep as my love for his mommy. I would die for him, and I'd kill for him.

Maybe that sounds scatter brained, but it's the best I've got. Welcome Jakob. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment