Monday, January 26, 2009

This seems fishy

So this is an update from a previous post. I still don't like Nancy Pelosi, but the source I quoted misquoted her. My long time friend, Sean (happens to be a lefty) helped me with this. Thanks, Sean.
_________________________


I rarely wax political, because I have people on both sides of the political lines that read my blog. I'm also not as interested in politics as I once was. I rarely get excited or worked up by either side these days. So I will only wax factual here. But I rather annoyed by quotes from our SOH regarding "family planning." That, of course, is usually code for planning not to have a family after you've gotten yourself pregnant. Here is a bit from her conversation with ABC:

STEPHANOPOULOS: Hundreds of millions of dollars to expand family planning services. How is that stimulus?

PELOSI: Well, the family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost. The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now and part of what we do for children's health, education and some of those elements are to help the states meet their financial needs. One of those - one of the initiatives you mentioned, the contraception, will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So no apologies for that?

PELOSI: No apologies. No. we have to deal with the consequences of the downturn in our economy. Food stamps, unemployment insurance, some of the initiatives you just mentioned. what the economists have told us from right to left. There is more bang for the buck, a term they use, by investing in food stamps and in unemployment insurance than in any tax cut."

You can read the full transcript HERE. I'm still sickened by the less children = less cost to the taxpayer bit, especially when the solution to less children is Planned Parenthood. I don't want them getting any of my money, but it looks like they will be getting more. I am 100% against their ideology, both now and historically. You probably didn't know that Planned Parenthood was founded by a racist for racist purposes. That's just a free piece of information.

No comments:

Post a Comment