Monday, January 5, 2009

Hold onto Jesus


So I finally got my first opportunity to preach at New Hope. I really enjoyed the experience, and the Hopies were very gracious toward me afterward.Yes, that's what I call people who attend there. One of my favorite parts of the service was when the praise team played, "Hold onto Jesus," by the OC Supertones. I requested the song for the challenge song, and I got my way. A cool, progressive church just played a Supertones song. In your face, ska haters! Here's the video of my Sunday 11:22 message. You will notice that the shirt in the picture is different than the shirt in the video. What can I say? There were thundershowers going on inside my shirt.


And here's the set up:

I love my in-laws, but I don't always put the effort into being close to them.
I love God, but I don't always put the effort into being close to Him.
He never lets me go. I screw up on my own. Will I keep letting go of Him?
Prodigal son, chumps...
Dan: "And He ran to me, held me in His arms, held my head to His chest, said, "my son's come home again..."
Lots of sweat and Cherry Coke
I lack the ability to be serious for too long


Jesus will never let go. Will you? from Jeff Selph on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment