Wednesday, January 21, 2009

they call him the streak


Ray Stevens is hilarious. His songs made me laugh for hours as a kid. I liked "It's Me Again, Margaret" the most, with "The Streak" being a close 2nd. What's not to love about a song talking about a guy running around naked? Yeah, I couldn't think of anything either.

Well, there is another kind of streak standing strong right now. Actually, there are 2 streaks. The first is Sarah's. She has not thrown up in 19 years. That's insane. My streak is quite the opposite. For the last 7 years straight, I have thrown up between January 20-25. That's right, every year, between those dates, I get sick to my stomach. I don't know what it is. I don't really think about it and get worked up about it. It just happens, and then I realize that it's been exactly a year since the last time I threw up. It just happened again 30 minutes ago. I was laying on the bathroom floor, cause I knew it was coming. I remember thinking, "wait a minute. Today's the 21st. You've got to be expletively kidding me. I'm about to go for 7." Then I sat up and the festivities began. It's an odd phenomenon. Anyone got a good explanation for this oddity?

No comments:

Post a Comment